Monday, November 28, 2011

angst angst angst [gift guides, part deux]

I saw my sister this weekend, for the first time since July. That was nice, I suppose, but this kid frustrates me to no end. She's sixteen, a junior in high school, and refuses to acknowledge that one cannot spend their entire life in sweatpants. I had to literally drag her to the store to buy jeans, which she swears she will never wear. These are blue jeans. There is nothing inherently objectionable about blue jeans.

Anyway, christmas shopping for her is hard, because

  1. What she really wants, probably, is some video game that dad is already buying her, and that I would know nothing about. And, to be brutally honest, I don't really want to encourage that type of behavior.
  2. Anything I buy for her, she will immediately hate because it is I that bought it for her.
  3. The girl won't even wear blue jeans.
But here I am, stubbornly pressing on regardless. 
That's one thing we have in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment

oh my gosh, comments make me so excited. i read all of them and then read them out loud again to all of my friends at parties. this is why i'm so popular in real life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...