Tuesday, June 14, 2011

feeling like a domestic goddess

I finally properly decorated my apartment. Get this. I made curtains. That's right. I made curtains.

It was actually remarkably easy. It couldn't have taken longer than fifteen minutes. Here's basically what happened. I bought two relatively cheap scarves from a nearby thrift store (matching scarves, at that, which happened to be the perfect length), and cut a couple holes in the top, and tied ribbons through them.

Photobucket


Seriously. And then I put them on a curtain rod. Which was already there, senza curtains. Literally the easiest thing in the world.

Photobucket

They're a bit sheer, which is fine by me because it lets the light in somewhat. I just needed something to
  1. Keep the neighbors from seeing me naked.
  2. Keep the sunshine from punching me in the face at 6:30 in the morning.
Mission accomplished, my darlings.
While on this domestic kick, I bought a sunflower and stuck it in an old wine bottle (and tied it with a matching ribbon, for the sake of class), and I taped some stuff up on my wall. It's been a good day for the aesthetic appeal of my living space.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Ciao, ragazze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

oh my gosh, comments make me so excited. i read all of them and then read them out loud again to all of my friends at parties. this is why i'm so popular in real life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...