Thursday, July 7, 2011

patriotism, delayed

Photobucket


Apologies for my unannounced absence this week. I've been really busy doing the America thing and the Arcade Fire concert thing and the homework thing.
(Yeah, I just slipped that in there casually so that you'd think I was nonchalant. Also, I just ruined that effect with my awkward parenthetical. Why am I so in love with awkward parentheticals?)

Anyway, celebrating the fourth of july abroad is quite a production. I feel like I actually appreciate the states more when I'm elsewhere in the world.

Photobucket


Photobucket

When I was in America, Independence day was that time of year that we'd go to a picnic and eat watermelon and see some fireworks. In Italy or Switzerland or wherever else, you get an acute awareness of how American you really are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

oh my gosh, comments make me so excited. i read all of them and then read them out loud again to all of my friends at parties. this is why i'm so popular in real life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...